We’re a not for profit membership organisation.
The NZ Dental & Oral Health Therapists Association is a national organisation which represents and supports dental and oral health therapists and dental hygienists on professional issues.
Registered under the Incorporated Societies Act we trace our roots to the New Zealand State Dental Nurses’ Institute, established in 1935.
Our purpose is to promote the interests of our profession and the importance of oral health.
We are a team of caring Oral Health professionals who empower all people to achieve an improved quality of life while upholding the integrity of our profession.
- Working together
- Aspirational workforce
- Healthy holistic care
- Action oriented
- One team
- Realising future potential
- Achieving good health and wellbeing
Our strategic direction
We are a team
- Ongoing open support networks
- Realise opportunities to come together to achieve shared aspirations
Caring oral health professionals
- Having the best interests of practitioners and community
- Patient whanau centeredness care
- Through support (& $) to members by developing them through mentoring and provision of psychosocial support
Empower all people
- Engagement with members and those with a key or vested interest
- Providing people with the tools and knowledge to create and achieve their goals
- By sharing our knowledge to help people make informed choices that improves their oral and general wellbeing
Achieve an improved quality of life
- Through patient and members education and understanding
- Holistic care including prevention and treatment
- By empowering people to care for their oral health from prenatal to end of life
Uphold the integrity of our profession
- Uphold the ethical principles of our profession
- Evidence based practice
- By leading and providing to our members opportunities for continued development
- Seen as a credible workforce to public and colleagues
- Self-sufficient outcome ($)