Job DescriptionDEPARTMENT of ORAL SCIENCES
FACULTY of DENTISTRY
The University of Otago is one of New Zealand's largest and most research-intensive universities. Founded in 1907, the Faculty of Dentistry is based at the University's main campus in Dunedin and is the only dental school in New Zealand. It is proud of its international reputation for research, clinical, and academic excellence. The 2018 QS World University Subject Rankings list the Dental School as among the top 27 in the world.
The Department of Oral Sciences (which contains the disciplines of Dental Public Health, Oral Biology, Oral Health Therapy, Oral Microbiology, Orthodontics, Paediatric Dentistry, and Periodontology) undertakes teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
In the specialist disciplines, the Department provides patient care in student clinics, and specialist staff provide care for referred patients from throughout Otago and give advice to dental practitioners throughout New Zealand. The Department also hosts the World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for Dental Epidemiology and Public Health.
As a Professional Practice Fellow based within our Department, you will assist with teaching across a range of papers and clinical settings in the professional area of Oral Health Therapy.
Some key tasks include:
• Preparation, assessment, teaching and paper administration duties.
• Carrying out administration responsibilities for patient records and the Titanium patient databases.
• Contributing to the Department's academic goals by applying and sharing expert knowledge in Oral Health Therapy.
You will be supported through a collegial academic environment, an active and dynamic research culture, and through efficient professional services across the University. The University is firmly committed to growing the Faculty with investment in a new state-of-the-art building and facilities plus ongoing plans for further outreach development and increased student enrolment.
Your skills and experience
• Registration with the Dental Council (New Zealand) and have a current practising certificate in oral health therapy or dental hygiene.
• Appropriate professional experience in the scopes of oral health therapy or dental hygiene practice.
• A desire to work with undergraduate Bachelor of Oral Health students.
• Evidence of an ability to work well with students and staff from differing academic and cultural backgrounds and at all levels of the institution.
•A commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and to equal opportunity.
This is a part-time (0.6 FTE), permanent position.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this position.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Children Act 2014. Candidates who successfully make the final stages of the recruitment process will be required to undergo a safety check.
For further information on the safety check process please visit: https://www.otago.ac.nz/administration/protection-of-children/
Candidates are requested to submit the following:
• Cover letter.
• Names and addresses of at least three referees.
Applications quoting reference number 2001916 will close on Thursday, 21 January 2021.
To see a full job description and to apply online go to: https://otago.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=2001916
Equal opportunity in employment is University policy.
E tautoko ana Te Whare Wananga o Otago i te kaupapa whakaorite whiwhinga mahi.
For more information ContactUniversity of Otago
University of Otago
This Ad has been viewed 171 times.